Last Sunday we celebrated Lord Krishna’s birthday. It is a famous festival in Hindu Households. We pray to Him to bless us with all the good things in the world. Back in the days, my mom would make elaborate sweet treats for this festival and even now many of my friends and cousins made yummy sweet and savory treats as an offering to Him. I was pressed for time so I made no cook, no bake sweet for him. My colleague at the new office taught me this recipe. It has just three ingredients. Just combine, roll and shape. That’s all.
As I am staying focused with my No Carb! No Sugar! Weightloss Loss Journey, my husband and son enjoyed these delicious bites. You can follow my diet plan in Instagram and Facebook. Do join me on this journey.
You can get creative and use melted chocolate or fruit syrup. Remember, I used very little amount of liquid as the oil from almond brings them together so we have to use a base sweetener that will add the right amount of sweetness and also not make it watery. Sidd as always was curious to join hands with me. He calls me his boss and we are a team. He tried his best to roll it without cracks. I rolled them into a ball and he pressed it into a shape of coin. Sidd is sharing his recipe with you all today.They are quick and easy to make.
COCONUT ALMOND BITES – NO COOK | NO BAKE DESSERT
Source: My colleague B
Cooking Level: Super Easy
- 1 cup dry dessicated coconut
- 3/4 cup unsalted raw almonds
- 1/4 cup condensed milk, use as per need
- Grind the coconut with almonds together to combine. As you grind the almonds will leave oil that will help them come together. Remove to a clean bowl with a spatula.
- Now add condensed milk starting with 1 tablespoon at a time and using hand keep kneading them to form a dough. It should have the consistency of pizza or roti dough.
- Pinch a little, roll into a smooth dough and press between the palm to flatten it out.
- Garnish with crushed almonds.