Summer is coming to a wrap. We are hoping to get some rain in California. One thing we enjoyed doing the most during summer was grilling. I would religiously shop for the ingredients on Friday and my husband would grill over the weekend. Sidd who he calls himself as our assistant will help with choosing the menu, preparation and cleaning. As we are preparing ourselves for some hearty soup and crusty bread, I am saving this recipe for a future party at home. Cheesy tortilla can be eaten as an after school snacks by kids as well.
Today I am sharing a quick and easy snack for kids. I make fresh guacamole at home as my family loves Mexican food. We grill the meat and roll it inside a tortilla to make our weeknight dinner. For a change, I grilled the corn tortilla with QuesoFresco | Mexican cheese to give a quesadilla effect. Everyone ate it with a guacamole dip.
Corn Tortilla Bites Served With Homemade Guacamole
Cooking Level: Easy| Beginners
For the tortilla:
- 4 corn tortilla
- 1/2 cup fresh Queso Fresco cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil placed in a spray container
For the Guacamole
- 1 ripe guacamole, remove skin and seed – mashed
- 1 red onion,finely chopped
- 1 tomato,finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
For the tortilla:
- Place one tortilla on a clean plate. Layer it with the cheese and sprinkle little chili powder. Cover it with another tortilla. Grill over a skillet with little oil until the cheese melts and tortilla gets crispy. Remove and let it cool. Using a pizza cutter, slice them into four quarters. Do the same with rest of the tortilla.
For the guacamole:
- Mix all the ingredients listed under “for the guacamole”. Serve it in a clean bowl with cheesy tortilla.