Mango Ambrosia is a perfect dessert to make for potlucks and picnics. It is a mixture of fruits with a creamy base made from heavy cream, sugar syrup, Cool Whip or whipped cream. Any kid would love it. It is a nice dessert whom everyone will love. Sidd helped me by making it for the Feastly dinner I hosted last night.
Our version has mango pulp, melted vanilla ice cream and seasonal fruits. We used apples, seedless grapes,persimmons, pears, bananas and pineapple. I added cardamom powder which is purely options. If you wish, you can buy canned fruits and add them too. Do note that mango pulp sold at Indian Grocery stores is sweetened with sugar and the vanilla ice cream has sugar too. So I will prefer to use natural fruits to balance out the sweetness. If you choose to use canned fruits, rinse them well to get rid of any syrups.
You can make a batch and let it sit in the fridge for few hours.
3 Key Ingredients Mango Ambrosia
Serves: A party of 20 adults
- 28oz can Alphonso Mango Pulp – Amazon link here Spicy World Kesar Mango Pulp, Sweetened, 850-Gram Cans (Pack of 6)
- 1 tub Vanilla Icecream, melted
- 2 teaspoon cardamom powder (optional) – Amazon link here Swad Cardamom Powder, 3.5 Ounce
- 4 cups chopped fruits of choice
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and store it in fridge until ready to serve.