After all these baking visual treats, bread making , sour dough stories from SFO, I decided to bake some bread. Baking has always fascinated me but all these days, I have not really found enough time and patience to do them. Now I am determined to bake something easy.
EASY BAKING = BANANA NUT BREAD.
All one has to do for making a wonderful flavorful lovely banana bread is to pour in all the ingredients and mix and bake. So simple right!!!!!!
I used Duram whole wheat and wheat bran flour instead of all purpose flour. The bread had a more crusty outside. I liked its taste and was way happy to eat extra slices since it was a healthier option but S complained about the crust being hard and that it didnt taste like the one he eats in a bakery. So friends you can decide on the kind of flour to use.
- 2 cups all purpose flour/ whole wheat flour
- 3 ripen bananas
- 1/2 melted butter
- 1 well beaten egg
- 1cup sugar
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375′ F.
- In a large bowl, first mix all the dry ingredients without lumps: Flour, sugar, salt, baking soda.
- Now add in the mashed bananas, butter, vanilla extract and egg. Mix them thoroughly to form a batter.
- Then add in the walnuts and give it a complete mix.
- Pour the batter into a greased bread loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spoon.
- Bake at 375′ F for 1 hr. Always keep an eye on the bread while baking.
- After 1 hr, allow the bread to stand inside the oven for 5-10min. Remove and let it cool.
- Slice them and serve.