This post is a proud moment for Sidd’s mom which is me. My sweet little boy is mommy’s pride and joy. Little hand prints in my kitchen shelves, shoes & socks misplaced in garage and laundry room, toilet seats up, mud & pebbles in pockets, living room used as a playground, there’s cars in the couch, building blocks on the floor, jeans on the chair, wrestling, mud, trucks and noise. That’s my boy. And he loves to cook. I am sure my cute daughter will join him soon.
Thank you God for my children. I know that they are a gift from you. I need your strength and wisdom to train them in the way they should go. Please give me patience and joyful heart to enjoy even their quirky naughty behaviors. My kids are a miracle. And I pray to love them fiercely so that they can feel it even after the leave for school, while asleep and even after their childhood becomes a memory. Sidd made this pulao all by himself. He enjoyed eating it too.
Pulao with Brussels Sprouts, Mushroom and Peas in an Electric Cooker
Makes: For a family of 4
Cooking Level: Easy
- 1.5 cups vegetables of your choice (We used Brussels sprouts, frozen peas and mushrooms), chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, 5garlic cloves, 3 green chilli, all ground to a smooth paste
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 cloves, 3 green cardamon, 2 bay leaves, 1 star anise, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 black cardamon – place it together in a bowl
- 2 tablespoon ghee or butter
- 2 cups basmatic rice, soaked in excess water for minimum 2 hours
- 3 cups water
- Dump all the ingredients in the inner vessel of electric cooker. Mix and set to cook. Once cooked, unplug the electric socket and let it cool a bit before serving. Using a fork, fluff the cooked rice gently. Serve hot with yogurt dip / raita. I have shared recipe for bottle gourd raita and kadi pakoda.