High tea is an English meal which became popular among laborers during 1600s. Initially, it was referred to a traditional meal comprising of meat, bread, cheese, crackers, desserts like cake. But slowly its definition in non-UK countries changed to something that’s served with lighter meal like sandwiches, scones, cookies,pastries or cakes.
Since S & I can’t attend this, we decided to send our wishes and love by contributing a dish for that evening. It is a tasty egg sandwich made with a creamy mixture of dijon mustard and mayonnaise. The soft moist bread and the chunks of boiled eggs leaves a simple taste on every bite. The mild flavor of the chives and pepper corns blends beautifully with the creamy mixture.
It rained a bit today and this sandwich is a perfect one for this weather. Hot tea and few slices of this bread is a true delight for anyone. I added Aloo bhujjia along with the spread for a crunchy twist and I enjoyed them with a cup of hot Indian chai.
When Meeta of Whats for lunch honey? and Aparna of My diverse kitchen announced the theme as High Tea Treats , I am convinced that this post is a perfect entry for their event.
Mix the eggs, chives, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, ketchup, salt and pepper. Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
Slice the bread in the centre so that they form two small rectangles. This makes it easier to eat. Spread the above mixture over the bread and serve.
Thanks Sushma for the lovely award. I am really honored by it.
This award goes with a fun meme which has to be passed on to 6 of your favourite blogs and which has to be answered with only one word.Here is the meme part:
- Where is your cell phone: On my couch
- Your hair: Black
- Your favorite food: Satay, Amma’s rasam & sambhar, L aunty’s prawn & chicken masala!
- Your dream last night: Me being in Hawaii
- Your favorite drink: Lemonade
- Your dream/goal: Give my best in whatever I venture
- What room are you in: Living room
- Your hobby: Running, blogging, cooking, reading
- Your fear: Heights, Cats & Dogs
- Where do you want to be in 6 years: Pursue/ enroll for a PhD program
- Where were you last night: Home sweet home
- Something you aren’t: Liar,Cann’t bluff,Serious kind, Selfish
- Muffins: Awesome! Tasty!
- Wish list item: Join Daring Baker community soon
- Where did you grow up: Lovely Coromandel Coast
- Last thing you did: Made a yummy green salad
- What are you wearing: Tee & Tracks
- Your TV: Off
- Your pets: No
- Your friends:Many but very few are in the close circle
- Your life: Cann’t get any better 🙂
- Your mood: Happy
- Missing someone: Yes, Right now “S” (He is off on a biz tour). Sometimes amma, appa, D & B
- Vehicle: Nissan Murano and my own first car: Maruthi Alto (I sold it since I left India)
- Something you’re not wearing: My pretty gold bangles
- Your favorite store: Kohl’s (USA), H&M , Mark’s & Spencer (UK), ofcourse the super crowded T.Nagar
- Your favorite color: Pink,Black
- When was the last time you laughed: Few minutes back (I was watching few comedy scenes)
- Last time you cried: Ah!I again few minutes back. I laughed so much that tears rolled down my cheek.
- Your best friend: S (my husband),B & A
- One place that I go over and over: The park near my home (running)
- One person who emails me regularly: B, V, D
- Favorite place to eat: Mainland china , Anjappar, Kumarakom, Ende Keralam (Chennai), Panda Express (California), Ofcourse subway(anywhere)