I love simple recipes. I love the fact that I need to just grab the ingredients, mix them and let it cook. Above all, I love the fact guests enjoy it. I saw the recipe for 2 ingredients ice cream bread in Pinterest. When I spotted the recipe, I liked the simplicity in the process but wasn’t sure whether the bread will be soft and moist. So I tested the recipe last week. I used Dreyer’s Vanilla Ice Cream and self raising flour to make the bread. I followed the instructions to the dot but noticed that the bread wasn’t super moist as I would like it to be. It is mildly sweet and perfect to be used in trifle or bread pudding. I wanted to serve it with mixed berry compote.
I cooked mixed berries with brown sugar, orange peel, cardamom and coconut. They were so flavorful, tart but perfectly sweet and delicious. For one night, I grilled the bread in a skillet and served it warm with mixed berries compote. Next time, I made single serving of the dessert in a shot glass. I felt that the bread was not moist enough so I mixed milk with condensed milk and soaked the bread in it and top it with the compote.
I will definitely make this for Valentine’s day dinner as the recipe to make the bread is easy and the compote takes 15 minutes to fix. I will serve it a mason jar with sprinkle of icing sugar. I am also making this dessert in shot glass for Super bowl tomorrow.
2 Ingredients Ice Cream Bread
- 2 cups ice cream soften and melted at room temperature
- 1½ cups self rising flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Seive the flour to remove lumps and set aside. If you don’t have self rising flour, use all purpose flour and add 2 tablespoon baking soda
- Add the softened ice cream in a clean bowl. They should have melted completely. Add flour in batches and mix them well with a spatula. Let it rest for 15 minutes. This is an additional step that I followed.
- Grease the loaf pan with butter or PAM pray. I als0 lined the base of the loaf pan with parchment paper. Transfer the batter and bake for 40-50 minutes. Keep an eye on the bread between 40-50 minutes to avoid burning. My bread was ready by 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let it cool. Wrap it with an aluminum foil and store it in an airtight container. This will make them lock the moisture and prevent from get dry.
Mixed Berries Compote
- 3 cups frozen or fresh mixed berries
- 1 cup brown or white sugar
- 1 tsp cardoman powder
- 1 tbsp dessicated coconut powdered
- 1 tsp orange peel dry and powdered
- ¼ cup water
- Dump all the ingredients and let it cook for 15 minutes until till boils and thickens. Mash it with a back of the spoon and set aside.
- You can warm and serve it as slices with compote
- Mix 1/2 cup milk with 3 tablespoon condensed milk. Chop the bread into cubes. Add 3-4 cubes to the shot glass, pour the sweetened milk and top it with compote. Chill and serve cold
- Valentine’s Day Special: Two to Tango. Make the trifle like point 2 but do it in a small size mason jar and serve with two forks. One jar and two lovey-dovey souls to enjoy it.