What we enjoy the most on a rainy afternoon is crispy fritters with evening tea or coffee. Today I am sharing one of the easiest recipe ever. You need just 4 ingredients and it will be the most popular appetizer you can serve in your party. I am calling it “Just 4 Ingredients Sweet Plantain Disks” . I served with dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cardamom powder and rasam shots for a baby shower party. There is really small Mexican grocery store right next to my work place. I can find all possible fresh produce there starting from okra to banana leaves to plantains. I picked couple of ripe plantains yesterday today make these beauties.
4 Ingredients Sweet Plantain Appetizer
- 2 ripe plantains
- 1/4 cup ghee (use as needed)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp cardamom powder
- Remove the skin of the plantains and slice them thin into cute rounds. Set aside.
- Heat ghee in a wide saucepan. Once hot, arrange the slices neatly to form a circle. You can make concentric circle by placing in the inner area of the saucepan.
- Let it caramelize for about 5-8 minutes. Turn and cook the other side for another 5 minutes. Make sure that it is crispy but moist and soft as well.
- Remove to a serving platter. Place a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle little cardamom powder on top.
- Serve warm