Aromatic Chicken Curry for a Party
The post for today is a deliciously warm and tasty chicken curry with Indian spices.I prefer the gravy to be bit-watery as its served with appam. So if you guys want it to-be thick, reduce the amount of water accordingly.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 green chillies
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3-4 tsp coriander powder
- 1-2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1-2 tsp coconut (dessicated or fresh)
- 1 tbsp yoghurt / curd (low fat or fat free)
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1-2 sprig coriander
- 1-2 cup water
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 cardamons
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Grind the onions, tomatoes and green chillies to a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Cut and clean the chicken into small chunks. Keep them aside in a bowl.
- Heat the oil on medium high in a cooking vessel. Once the oil is heated up, add the masala and cook for a min.
- Add the above made paste and salt in the tempered oil and cook on low flame for 10-15 min. Cook till the oil separates from the tomato-onion-green chilly paste. Now add the turmeric, chilli and coriander powder. Saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Throw in the chicken chunks and cook for another 5-10mins. Add the ginger-garlic paste now and cook till the raw smell disappears. Pour in the water and tear the curry leaves into the gravy and cook-covered for 15-20 min. Once they chicken is done, sprinkle the shredded coconut and mix in the yogurt/curd. Check for the seasoning and add salt, if needed.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander.