It is a popular dessert in India and it makes it to dessert list on most weddings. Rabri is made by cooking the milk slowly in tender heat. As the layer of cream forms on top, it is removed and stored aside. The process continues until there is no milk left in the vessel. Rabri is made by cooking the milk with sugar, spices and nuts. They are dense and extremely creamy. It is served cold. I made a quick version with a pressure cooker. It was ready within 15 minutes.
Rabri – Pressure Cooker Recipe
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup fresh paneer, grated
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 tbsp cashew paste
- 1 tsp cardamon powder
- 1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- Roasted pistachios to garnish
- Throw in all the above ingredient into a pressure cooker. Stir to mix them. Cover and cook for 3 whistles. Once cooled, mix in some pistachios and store in refrigerator.
- Garnish with crushed pistachios on top and serve cold.