Chapati noodles recipe is a variation to the regular chapati we make at home. My mom makes chapati noodles very often for kids. But she makes it in an Indianised way by adding sambar powder. I made it like I make Chinese noodles.
This is an excellent alternative to leftover chapati. We always make chapati with curry for dinner, and most of the time, one or two will be left out. So, I make chapati noodles in Indian way or by using Chinese sauce. You might also be interested in other easy breakfast recipes like Khaman Dhokla, Adai, Breadrolls etc.
Chapati Noodles Recipe
- 4 Chapati
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Sliced Onion Big Slices
- 1 Green Chilli Slit
- ¼ cup Carrot Cut Into Thin Stripes
- ¼ cup Capsicum Cut Into Thin Stripes
- ¼ cup Cabbage Cut Into Thin Stripes
- 1 tsp Garlic Finely Chopped
- ½ tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- ¼ cup Spring onion Finely Chopped
- ½ tsp Pepper Powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped
- Stack roti or chapati one above the other. Cut into thin strips using a sharp knife or using scissors. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add finely chopped garlic and saute till the raw smell goes off. Add sliced onion and slit green chili. If chopping is a task, use a vegetable chopper. Saute well on a high flame for a minute.
- Add the vegetables and saute again for a few minutes in a high flame. Keep sauteing to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan. You can also add egg along with the vegetables while sauteing. This will give a different taste to the chapati noodles.
- Add soya sauce, chili sauce, vinear, pepper powder, salt, and sugar. Mix well.
- Add chapati strips and mix well. Toss well so that the masala gets coated well on the chapati stripes. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on a low flame.
- Add finely chopped spring onion, coriander leaves, mix well. Turn off the flame. chapati noodles is ready to serve.
There you have it, this is how you can make roti noodles at home with ease. Roti noodles is a simple and easy to make dish that you can make when your cereals are over, or you are lacking the ingredients to make other breakfast recipes. If you have any queries about the chapati noodles recipe, you can let us know in the comments section below. Also, let us know if you made any changes to the roti noodles recipe.