Here I am sharing my post about making methi murgh (chicken cooked with fenugreek leaves). This is a everyday chicken curry made with simple ingredients from the kitchen. I make this on a weeknight too. The recipe is quick and straight forward. Serve this hot curry with steamy rice or naan or roti.
Methi murgh – Chicken cooked with fenugreek leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken – cubed
- 2 cups fenugreek leaves (fresh) – chopped
- 1 large red onions – chopped
- 1 large tomato – chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic – minced
- 1 tbsp ginger – minced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder ( highly spicy)
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large cooking pan. Once the oil ripples, add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for 30 seconds.
- Then add the onions and a teaspoon salt and let it cook covered for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the turmeric, red chili and coriander powder. Saute for a minute till the raw smell disappears. Then mix in the tomatoes and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and mix well to combine. Cook covered for 10 minutes. After that add the fenugreek leaves and cook covered on medium-low flame for further 25-30 minutes.
- Don’t add any water and let it cook in its own water. Sprinkle garam masala and check for salt.