Southbeach Diet Chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bell peppers any colour
- 1½ cup mushrooms chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can no-salt added diced tomato with juices
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onions, peppers, mushrooms and celery; cook, stirring, until vegetables begin to soften, about 7 minutes.
- Add chili powder, oregano, cumin and salt; cook for another 5 minutes. Mix in the beans and tomatoes. Cook covered for 30 minutes on low flame. Serve hot.
1. Since the sauce was little thick for me, I added little hot water to the consistency of my choice.
2. For phase 1 dieters,serve them with a dollop of non-fat yogurt.
3. For phase 2 and 3 dieters, eat with whole wheat pita chips toasted in little olive oil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!