You really don’t need a recipe for this. Just dump whatever you have in hand and pulse it in a food processor with little ghee or melted butter. Mix in little unsweetened cocoa powder and roasted nuts. You can use dried cranberries, raisins, dried apricots. Anything natural ad sweet works great. I used Scharfen Berger Dark Chocolate to coat it. Voila, the most delicious and healthy dessert is ready to toast and celebrate Valentine’s day all week long.
Dates, Prunes and Fig Truffles With Dark Chocolate And Nuts
- 12-15 dates
- 6-8 prunes
- 4-6 figs
- 2 tbsp melted butter or ghee
- 1-2 tbsp water
- ¼ cup roasted almonds, cashews, walnuts, and pistachios (crushed)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (start with 1 tsp and use as needed)
- 1 bar any dark chocolate
- Pulse the figs, prunes and dates in a food processor. Add ghee or melted butter and little water to bring them together. Transfer to a fresh bowel. Using hand, mix the cocoa powder and nuts. Roll them into a dough.
- Pinch little and roll into a small ball.
- Melt the chocolate in microwave. You can start by microwaving at high for 1 minute. Mix in until they are melted.
- Dip the rolled balls into the melted chocolate. Then roll it over the crushed, roasted nuts. Place them on a baking stray covered with parchment paper. Chill in the refrigerator until they are set, about 30 minutes.