What you will find in this post?
- Upcoming Navaratri Golu Festival and my previous post on how to plan it like a pro (along with a menu chart)
- Recipe for a quick Indian sweet
I am so excited that golu festival will begin in few weeks. We will celebrate it for 9 days. It is truly an exciting time of the year. The festival season begins from Vinayagar chathurthi and this fun, festive mood continues till Diwali and then we transition to the American soul and begin to party for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year. Overall the fun times have began since labor day weekend. I have shared my detailed post on Golu Planning 101 where I have shared my ideas on the menu for the get-together, menu ideas for the week and return gift ideas. If you are interested, please read it.
Today I want to share the recipe for a quick and easy coconut based prasadam. I offer this during our prayers at Sai Baba Temple. Since we go to the temple on thursday, I find it easy to make them after a working day. Since it is so quick to make, I always keep this in most of my get-togethers and dinner parties. This recipe is very similar to almond-coconut bites which Sidd made. The only difference is that Sidd used finely ground coconut and almond powder to make them and those were sweetened with condensed milk.
Coconut Ladoo (Vegan Recipe)
- 1 cup unsweetened dessicated coconut
- 1/4-1/2 cup maple syrup, as per your taste
- 1 cup almond, powdered
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Some slivered almonds for look and garnish
- Mix them all into a dough. Pinch a little and roll it into a balls. Serve it slivered almonds