I loooove Italian food! Well… who doesn’t?!!!
I have always noticed myself to be in a more elated state when I have the plan to cook something Italian. I was in a really cheerful mood today and wanted to make an express meal for my family. I was looking for stuff in my pantry and was simultaneously humming “Pyar tune kya Kiya” song. I found spaghetti, very little left-over mushrooms, baby corns and bell peppers. My mom tossed her way from the living room hearing my voice at a usual time. I hardly noticed her around and kept singing the song, fantasizing my own “Fardeen = S factor”. (wink)
“God!! are you cooking something NOW!!!!?” asked my mom with a magazine in hand and her bifocal clinging between-life-to-death state on the edge of her nose.
“Yeeeees, some spaghetti” I replied.
She frowned a bit and said, “I have leftover rice and vegetable curry from today’s lunch and why don’t you plan and tell me things beforehand”. She started with her usual rounds of complaints about me not enjoying her food these days. I tried my hands on cracking really silly jokes. Unable to stand my non-stop rambling, my mom uttered her usual statement “Anyways you will not listen to me” and headed back to her chair.
Yipppee!! I did succeed in making her leave the kitchen by convincing that I would make a “pseudo-fried rice” the next day with the leftover Indian rice and curry.
Now about my post for today: It is a simple spaghetti prepared with even more simple veggies. Sometimes even the simplest meal can satisfy our complicated palate.
Spaghetti with Baby Corns, Bell Peppers and Mushrooms
- 1 large bowl cooked Spaghetti
- 1 yellow/ red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup mushroom (finely chopped)
- 5-6 baby corns cut into roundels
- 1 large onion (thin long slices)
- 10-12 garlic (finely chopped)
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 2-3 tsp pound black peppers
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- Cook the spaghetti as per the instruction on the packet. Run them through cold water and keep aside in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a wok. Cook the garlic and onion slices for 3-4min on medium heat. Add the sugar and caramelize the onion-garlic mix.
- Add the baby corns, bell peppers and mushroom. Cook them on high heat for 5min. Pour in the soya sauce and simmer for a further 5min. Add the spaghetti to the wok and mix them all well.
- Add salt and pound black peppers to taste.