Fried Rice with Eggs and Shrimp
The post for today is a simple yet yummy egg shrimp fried rice. The crunchy shrimps and soft scrambled eggs blends so beautifully with the cooked rice and flavorful sauces.
- 15 shrimps – cleaned & deshelled
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups cold rice
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers – finely chopped
- 1/4 cup spring onions – finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot – finely chopped
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp sherry wine
- 1 tbsp red cooking wine
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat a wok and add little oil. Once they get heated up, throw in the shrimp and cook till they turn orange and roll up to a circle. Remove and place over a tissue to remove excess oil.
- Now break the eggs into the heated wok and scramble the eggs till done. Remove and keep aside.Then add little oil to the hot wok and add the cold rice. Give it a complete mix and saute for another 2-3 min. Remove and set aside.
- Pour in 1 tbs oil and once they get heated up , add the veggies and turn the flame high. Saute for 1-2 min and pour the oyster sauce, soya sauce, sherry wine and red cooking wine. Cook for 2-3 min and then add the shrimps and eggs. Finally add the rice and give it a complete mix. Adjust salt to taste.