I love avocados and I love guacamole. This dip has fat free cottage cheese in it and I am loving this twist to the original guacamole recipe. I just followed the recipe from the SBD book and they were so creamy, spicy and refreshing. The addition of lemon zest and juice are my own contribution to the original recipe. Avocado cilantro guacamole can be eaten with vegetable dippers as a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack.
Guacamole South Beach Way
- ⅓ Avocado
- ⅓ cup fat free or reduced cottage cheese
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 garlic minced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- ½ lemon juice
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- Mash the avocado with a masher or hand. Mix in all the ingredients and check for salt and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- They can be served with pita chips, corn chips, cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers and celery.
2. For phase 1 dieters, stick with celery, bell peppers and cucumbers.
3. For phase 2 dieters, you can include carrots too and also any whole wheat bread.
4. For phase 3 people, you can indulge in pita chips or corn tortilla or scoops as a once in while treat.