In India, especially in the north of the side, Dalia is a well-liked meal for kids as well as adults. Whole kernels of wheat are broken down into smaller bits and used to make Dalia. To make sweet Dalia, it is cooked with milk and sugar . To improve the flavor and nutritional value, extras like cardamom seeds, small almond pieces, saffron, and raisins can be used.
Meetha Daliya is typically served as a dessert after a meal or during breakfast. Daliya Kheer is frequently served as a dessert at weddings and other special events since it is thought to be a nutritious dessert. Dalia is made from whole wheat and is therefore high in fiber, which promotes healthy digestion and reduces constipation. It also offers crucial nutrients and is a wonderful source of energy. Those seeking something light might try this delightful treat. Follow the complete, step-by-step recipe to make Daliya Kheer at home.
What Is Dalia?
Dalia is a type of cracked or broken wheat made by coarsely grinding whole wheat grains. It is made from the tough husk of wheat grain and is very healthy.Kansar or Fada are other names for Daliya.It is a common ingredient in both sweet and savory dishes.
It’s Benefits Include:
It is high in proteins, iron, calcium, and other minerals. It is one of the ingredients experts advise using since it is full of fiber and vitamin B.Toddlers can also benefit from broken wheat (1 yrs above). Since the age of one year, I have been serving Daliya to my family for breakfast.
Sweet Dalia Recipe
- 1/4 cup dalia (raw)
- 1 cup milk
- Gur or organic sugar
- 2 almonds crushed
- 1 green cardamom (Crushed)
- 1 tsp butter or ghee
- Place the butter or ghee in a pan and let it heat up.
- Put the dalia in the pan and roast it for about 4-5 minutes at a low temperature, or until it emits a roasted scent.
- 1 cup of water should be added to the mixture before boiling it for 10 to 12 minutes. Ensure that the pan is covered since boiling dalia causes froth to build in the pan.
- Boil the dalia continuously until the water is completely absorbed and the dalia becomes mushy.
- The dalia is now combined with milk and 1 cardamom that has been crushed, and the mixture is boiled until the required consistency is reached.
- Cooking will continue after you've added sugar or gur, sliced almonds, and raisins.
- Pour the meetha daliya into a basin and turn off the fire.
- It's time to serve your delicious sweet dalia dish!
- If you like nutty flavors, think about including some almond flour in the meetha daliya. The dalia’s consistency is improved, and it becomes even more nourishing.
- You can exclude processed sugars and replace them with natural organic sweeteners like jaggery, honey, brown sugar, or any other sugar alternative of your own.
- You may dry roast the dalia on low heat till it gives off a brownish tint rather than using ghee or butter, and then add it to your sweet dalia recipe.
Variations Of Sweet Dalia Recipe
1. Kesar Badam
Saffron and dried fruits are the primary components of many beloved Indian sweets. Add a sprinkle of rose syrup, edible rose petals, chopped almonds, pistachios, or saffron to your sweet dalia. Place the dalia, these aromatics, and nuts in the refrigerator overnight. The next morning, eat a breakfast porridge in the form of an Indian treat.
2. Fresh Fruits
Fruits are a tested method to fill your oatmeal with plenty of vitamins. A few berries or summer fruits are a delicious alternative. Your colorful, fiber breakfast is ready in just a few simple steps. Simply chop your preferred fruit into bite-sized cubes, pour a little honey for sweetness, or top with a dollop of fresh fruit compote.
3. Banana Chocolate
Bananas are an excellent complement to breakfast since they are high in fiber and help with digestion. Dalia is delightful with the addition of chocolate and banana. Depending on your desire, you can use dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, or sweetened chocolate chips. A large tablespoon of peanut butter or Nutella won’t harm either.
If stored in a refrigerator, sweet dalia will remain fresh for up to three days. Consider freezing it if you want to consume it over a longer time and defrost only the amounts you will need. Simply remove the necessary quantity, add some milk, and then boil it. Depending on your preferences, adjust the quantity of the ingredients. If you attempt this dish, please leave a comment.