Life has been crazily busy for the past few weeks. Thanks to “S” factor 🙂 (smiles)
Ahem!!! it has been nearly a month since I posted a recipe. I had no time to even log into my blog.I am feeling too guilty for it and today I made up my mind that come what may I am gonna post my dish. Trust me, it is so very difficult to get back to routine. Even though I do have time to cook and post, I am totally getting lazy from doing things what I have been doing all these days. I started my blog with a jet speed posts of about 18 recipes in Sep and then I havent been posting anything at all . :-(((((( (too bad huh).
Now the food I cooked few days back was VEG STIR FRIED RICE. It has been raining heavily in Chennai and the weather was extremely pleasant. That made me wear my cooking hat after a long time and I was all set to cook some Chinese delicacy. I was thinking about Chinese fried rice the whole day at work and my taste buds had began to crave for it since that afternoon. I purchased bell peppers, tofu,mushrooms, spring onions on my way back home. I made my way straight to the kitchen to cook them and the table was set for dinner by 7 pm that day he he!
Veg Stir Fried Rice
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 packet tofu – cubed
- 1 carrot – cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup spring onions – chopped
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 3 cups left over refridgerated rice
- 1-2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup mushroom finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- Add oil in a wok. Once they get heated up, add the peppers and cook them for 3-5 min.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Repeat the same for carrots, cabbage and mushrooms. Cook them all separetly and keep aside.
- Shallow fry the tofu cubes and keep aside.
- To the remaining oil in tha wok, add the garlic, ginger. Stir for a min.
- Now add spring onions and cook for a min. Add sugar and let it caramelize.
- Now add the stir fried vegetables, mushrooms and soya sauce. Saute for a min. Add the cold rice and keep mixing them.
- Bring them down to room temperature. Mix in the tofu and salt.
- Garnish with fresh spring onions.Serve hot.