This is one of my most favourite dessert made in my maternal uncle “S”‘s kitchen. I have no clue about its origin. I guess it to be his own little creation from his experience in the culinary world. I had it for the first time at his residence and every time I visit him, I make sure that he prepares it for me. Such divine and heavenly is the taste of it. This is one of the most easily prepared desserts I have ever known.
- 1 liter milk
- 4 tbsp custard powder
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp shredded fresh/ desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 500 ml Tutty-fruity ice cream
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- Whisk the custard powder and eggs with 3 tbs milk in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Bring the milk to boil. Simmer the flame and let the milk cook for 15min. Add about 2-3tbs sugar and let it dissolve.
- Add the above made custard mix to it and keep stirring the milk continuously till they begin to thicken. Add the vanilla essence. Cook them at low flame. They would assume a semi-liquid form. Remove from flame. Add the shredded coconuts and mix thoroughly.
- Take the serving bowls and coat them with butter. Pour in the above prepared custard mix and let it cool.to room temperature. Immediately transfer it to the freezer for 1 hr.
- Invert the serving bowl over a plate by carefully releasing the edges of custard with a knife.
- Serve cold with a scoop of ice cream of your choice and thinly sliced apples.
- Garnish them with some more shredded coconut and place a cherry on top. I didnt have cherries, so I placed a little amount of cherry jam on top of it.