Kale Cooked with Lentils
I made kale dahl with rest of the bunch. This is an easy pressure cooker recipe where you follow the instructions below and the end result will an awesome dhal in hand.
Indian Dahl with Kale
- 1 tbsp oil or ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp asafetida
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup channa dah
- 1/2 cup mung dahl
- 1 cup kale, roughly chopped
- 3 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 1 Pressure Cooker
- Soak the lentils in water for 30 minutes. Drain the water and use them.
- In a clean pressure cooker, add all the ingredients and cook in medium flame for 15 minutes. Let the pressure come down. Remoe and add Indian Pickle and serve hot.
- Kale chips and kale dahl are an ideal low carb dish while on weightloss and it fits South Beach Diet Phase 1 rules.
- They can be eaten during gestational diabetes along with a protein
- It is also ideal dish to serve for those who are diabetic and pre-diabetic.