Kulukki translates as “shaken,” while Sarbath refers to “liquid.” So, all of these components are combined in a shaker and shaken vigorously until all of the flavours are completely blended. Aside from working as a fantastic chiller, sweet basil seeds provide a variety of health benefits that are especially beneficial during the hot summer months.
In Kerala, this is a popular drink that can be found in practically every juice shop. It is now accessible in Kerala restaurants as well. It’s a basil-spiked spicy shaken lemonade that’s excellent for summer. All of the components are placed in a tall glass, which is then covered with another glass and shaken in a cocktail style before being served. As a result, it is known as “Kulukki Sarbath.”
You can prepare kulukki sarbath in a variety of flavours, such as pineapple kulukki sarbath, orange kulukki sarbath, or even rose kulukki sarbath. It’s pungent, sweet, spicy, and somewhat bitter, all combined in a glass to make your mouth feel like a party. This tastes almost similar to Basil Seed Lemonade. The most typical addition to kulukki sarbath is chopped pineapple slices.
People enjoy the drink to beat the heat, despite the fact that it is prepared in an unsanitary manner. With the rising summer heat, “kulukki sarbath,” a drink made with crushed ice to the brim of the glass, sarbath, and lemon, has emerged as a new threat to people’s health.
- 2 cup Ice Cold Water
- 1/2 Lemon Sliced
- 1 Small green chili slit
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp Sabja Seeds Sweet Basil Seeds
- Ice Cubes
- Pineapple Optional
- If there are any husks or stones on the sabja seeds, pick them up and remove them. Then, in a large mixing bowl, place the sabja seeds. Fill the container halfway with water. It will soon begin to absorb and expand in size. Allow 10 minutes after pouring the water.
- As it grows in size, the seeds will all turn translucent and form a jelly-like coating.
- Set aside after straining.
- In a pan, combine the sugar with the water and bring to a boil.
- When it becomes sticky and thick, turn off the heat and set it aside.
- The simple sugar syrup is now ready to use.
- Prepare all of your components.
- A shaker with a cover is required. Then, begin by adding the basic sugar syrup.
- After that, squeeze the lemon to obtain the juice. After that, add the sabja seed and the slit green chilli. Also, add sabja seeds accordingly.
- Add a lemon slice, some chopped pineapple, and some minced ginger.
- Finally, pour in the ice cubes and water.
- Close the cover and vigorously shake it for at least 5 seconds.
- Now open the bottle and pour the contents into a serving glass.
Kulukki Sarbath Advantages
Apart from acting as a fantastic coolant, which is especially useful during hot summers, they have other health benefits. It provides cooling and relaxing effects on the stomach. It can be used to treat digestion and acidity issues. Basil seeds, also known as sweet basil seeds or sabja seeds, have their health benefits. Don’t get them mixed up with chia seeds; they’re not the same thing. Also, they are sweet basil seeds, not holy basil seeds.
Just like kulukki sarbath, nannari sarbath also has cooling effect on your body. Plus, it has been used as cooling drink since ancient times same as kulukki sarbath. Both provides great benefits for your digestive system and helps to increase your metabolism level.