Mango custard recipe – a delicious and simple dessert recipe that can be made in few minutes.
Mango custard can be made at home very easily with few ingredients like milk, mango pulp, sugar and custard powder. Some recipes make use of fresh cream, but I followed Chef Sanjeev Kapoor’s recipe and I haven’t added cream here.
I am posting a lot of mango recipes this season and there are more to come. Hope you all like it. This mango custard is a perfect dessert for any party. You can make it ahead and store in the refrigerator. Here I have used vanilla flavored custard powder which was leftover after making custard powder ice cream, but you can also make use of mango flavored custard powder.
Mango Custard Recipe
- ½ cup mango pulp
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp custard powder
- 1 ½ cups milk
- nuts and tutti frutti as required
- 1/2 pc mango
- Wash and peel the mangoes. Roughly chop them into fine pieces. Add them to a mixer jar and grind them to a smooth puree.
- Take 2 tablespoons of cold milk in a bowl. To this add custard powder and stir until it dissolves. Keep aside.
- Bring the rest of the milk to a boil in a pan. When it starts boiling, add sugar and stir well until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Reduce the flame to low, add the milk mixed with custard powder and stir again for a few more seconds. Keep stirring continuously so that no lumps are formed. Cook till the custard reaches a thick coating consistency.
- Now add the prepared mango puree, stir quickly and then turn off the flame. Don’t cook for a long time after adding mango puree otherwise, it will split.
- Pour it into serving bowls, and refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes before serving. Before serving, add some fresh cream or finely chopped mangoes and nuts on top. Serve mango custard.