Milagu kuzhambu or pepper kuzhambu is a tasty kuzhambu recipe from Tamilnadu which can be served as a side dish for rice. Milagu kuzhambu is a popular dish in Tamilnadu cuisine. It can be served as a side dish for rice along with poriyal.
This kuzhambu can be stored for a few days in the refrigerator. This is a little spicy curry. Nowadays, it is raining in Bangalore, and this milagu kuzhambu is a perfect dish during rains. Serve pepper kuzhambu along with ghee or gingelly oil, and it tastes great.
We will not proceed to show you how to make Milagu Zuzhambu Recipe. You can find the ingredients and the steps to make this recipe below.
- 1 Tamarind Small
- 3 tbsp Sesame Oil
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ¼ tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
- Asafoetida / Hing Small Pinch
- 3 Garlic
- Curry Leaves A Few
- 1 Jaggery
- Salt To Taste
For Roasting And Grinding
- 4 Dry Red Chilli
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 tsp Chana Dal
- 1 tsp Toor Dal
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 3 tsp Pepper Corns
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Oil
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup of warm water for 10 – 15 minutes. Extract the juice and discard the pulp. Keep aside.
- Heat one teaspoon of oil in a pan. Add all the ingredients mentioned under "for roasting and grinding" except peppercorns and cumin seeds. Roast in a medium flame until they become light brown. Now add cumin seeds and peppercorns give it a quick mix. Don't saute for a long time after adding peppercorns and cumin. Turn off the flame. Allow it to cool.
- Transfer the roasted ingredients to a mixer jar and grind it to a smooth paste by adding water as required.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of sesame oil or gingelly oil in a pan or a kadai. Splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chili, fenugreek seeds, hing, finely chopped garlic, curry leaves and saute for a second.
- When the kuzhambu starts boiling, reduce the flame to medium and cook till the mixture thickens and oil starts separating on the sides of the pan. Make sure to stir in between so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add a pinch of jaggery and mix well. Turn off the flame.
- Serve milagu kuzhambu with hot rice and poriyal.
I personally enjoy eating the Milagu Kuzhambu recipe with rice; however you can try eating this dish with other recipes. Please use the comment section below to review the recipe and inform me about the changes you made to the recipe, if any.