Peas Masala with Soy Chunks is yet another dish from my grandmom’s kitchen.Its quite healthy and easy to cook. The dish’s main ingredient is dry green peas. I soaked it overnight and cooked it in a pressure cooker as I am pressed for time with a toddler and infant at home. Trust me pressure cooker is such a savior. I added all the basic ingredients and pressure cooked for three whistle. The mild heat comes from the chilli powder and I didn’t use any spice powder. This simple dish will be loved by your kids too.
Peas Masala with Soya Chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 tomatoes
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 3 green chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup dry green peas ( soaked in excess water, overnight)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup soya chunks
- 2 litre pressure cooker with whistle
- Soak soy chunks in hot water for 20 minutes. Once done, remove excess water and cut them into half or use whole. Set aside.
- Pulse the onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies in a food processor. Then place the finely chopped tomatoes in a clean bowl. Set them aside.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker. Once hot, add the pulsed onion mixture. Saute for 10 minutes.
- Then throw in the tomatoes, soaked green peas and soya chunks.
- Pour water and cook covered for 3 whistles.
- Remove and add salt to taste. Serve hot with roti or naan.