Pilaf / Pulao with Garbanzo Beans / Chick Peas
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 1 cup cooked Channa
- 1 onion – chopped
- 2 green chillies – slit
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup coconut milk/ fresh milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp oil/ghee
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 Cardamon
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- Soak the raw channa overnight and cook with 2 cups water for 1-2 whistles or use a store bought cooked Channa tin.
- Soak the 2 cups basmati in water for 20min and keep aside.
- Heat a cooking pan and add ghee/oil. Once they get heated up, add the masalas. Saute for 2min.
- Add the onions to the tempered oil and let it sweat. Now add the green chillies and ginger-garlic paste and give it a complete stir. Cook till the raw smell disappears. Mix in the cooked Channa and add the required salt.Add the soaked Basmati rice. POur in 1 cup of coconut milk and 3 cups of water. Give it a complete stir and check for salt. Sprinkle some coriander leaves.
- Cover the pan and cook for 2-3 whistle.
- Serve hot with raita and masala papad.
Note: Basmati rice cooking mantra – (1:2 = Basmati Rice: Water)