Today I am sharing an easy pressure cooker chicken recipe made with spinach.
Palak Murgh – Chicken cooked with Spinach
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onions – chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic – minced
- 1 tbsp ginger – minced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder ( highly spicy)
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 large tomato – chopped
- 1 pound chicken – cleaned and cut into pieces
- 2 cups baby spinach (fresh or frozen) – chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 litre pressure cooker with whistle
- Heat oil in a 2 litre aluminum pressure cooker. Once the oil is hot, add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for 30 seconds. Then add the onions and sprinkle turmeric, red chili and coriander powder. Saute for a minute till the raw smell disappears. Then mix in the tomatoes and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and mix well to combine. Add spinach and cook for 2 whistles. Don’t add any water and let it cook in its own water. Switch off the flame. Let the pressure come down. Sprinkle garam masala and salt to taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!