Today I am sharing an easy pressure cooker chicken recipe made with spinach.
Palak Murgh – Chicken cooked with Spinach
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onions – chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic – minced
- 1 tbsp ginger – minced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder ( highly spicy)
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 large tomato – chopped
- 1 pound chicken – cleaned and cut into pieces
- 2 cups baby spinach (fresh or frozen) – chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 litre pressure cooker with whistle
- Heat oil in a 2 litre aluminum pressure cooker. Once the oil is hot, add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for 30 seconds. Then add the onions and sprinkle turmeric, red chili and coriander powder. Saute for a minute till the raw smell disappears. Then mix in the tomatoes and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and mix well to combine. Add spinach and cook for 2 whistles. Don’t add any water and let it cook in its own water. Switch off the flame. Let the pressure come down. Sprinkle garam masala and salt to taste.