Today post is a recipe for one of the healthiest dessert ever. It is made with chunks of pineapple and feel good dark chocolates. Yes two ingredients and that’s it. Chocolate dipped pineapples is my go to dessert on days I want to cut down on sugar intake but at the same time want to enjoy some chocolate-y. This will become your favorite party dessert as it takes really less work to prepare and you guests will love it when you serve it with fancy tooth picks.
Chocolate Dipped Pineapples
- 1 Large fresh cur pineapple cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp milk
- Pat dry the pineapple with a kitchen towel and let it rest for sometime.
- If using a chocolate bark, cut them into small chunks. Using a porcelain bowl, melt the dark chocolate chips or chunks in a microwave at high for a minute. Check whether the chocolate has melted. If not, cook for further 30 seconds. Using a spatula, mix the chocolate. The heat from the bowl will let it melt well. If you feel it’s thick, add little milk to turn them into a smooth paste.
- Cover a large baking tray or any flat plate with parchment paper. Take one pineapple chunk at a time and tip in the chocolate sauce. Place it neatly on the baking tray. Arrange them next to each other and at the same time don’t over crowd them. Once done with all the pineapples, place them in the fridge for 2 hours. Remove it right before dessert time.
- You can serve it with whipped cream on top.
- I generally make them around 6.00 PM (before the guest’s arrival) and tuck it in the fridge until dessert time.
- Sometimes I sprinkle crushed nuts (roasted) right after dipping it in chocolate. The nuts will stick to the surface and adds a nice crunch when you serve.