Rajasthani Khoba Roti – a tasty roti recipe from Rajasthan that can be served for breakfast or dinner. The word ‘khoba’ means indentation or cavity, and that is how these rotis are prepared. This Indian bread truly unravels the mystery of the vast desert expanse.
The Rajasthani Khoba Roti are best cooked in a gas tandoor, but an ordinary gas oven will give you equally good results if cooked over a slow flame. Serve this roti hot, smeared with ghee with sabzi and pickles of your choice!
Rajasthani Khoba Roti
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp Ghee
- Kasuri Methi or Fenugreek Leaves A Pinch
- To make khoba roti, first add whole wheat flour, ghee, and salt to a bowl and mix well with your fingers. Add water little by little and knead it to a firm dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 big and 2 small equal portions.
- Take one portion, dust it with wheat flour roll it out into a 150 mm (6″) in diameter circle.
- Heat a non-stick tawa or a griddle and cook the roti for approximately 2 to 3 minutes on each side and transfer it to a plate.
- Pinch the Khoba roti uniformly throughout using your thumb and first finger.
- Again cook the Khoba roti on a tawa or griddle over a slow flame for 5 to 6 minutes or till they turn golden brown in color from both the sides by pressing using a muslin cloth.
- Repeat the same steps to make other Khoba rotis.
- Serve rajasthani khoba roti immediately with ghee and any sabzi of your choice.
And…. this is how you make Khoba Roti, pretty simple right? Let us know if you enjoyed cooking and eating this dish and if there are any changes you made to the Khoba Roti recipe. Keep checking our website to read about more interesting recipes.