Restaurant Style Sambhar with Moong Dhaal
- 100 gm chopped carrots
- 100 gm chopped french beans
- 100 gm chopped cabbage
- 1 cubed potato
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup moon dhal
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cummin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek
- 2 slit green chillies
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp jaggery
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Coriander to garnish
- Cook the moong dhal with 1 cup water in a pressure cooker. Cool and mash it. Keep aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a kadai.
- Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Now add the cummin seeds, asafoetida and fenugreek. Add the onions, curry leaves, green chillies and saute for 2-3minutes. Add all the vegetables and saute for another 2 min.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder. Saute for 2-3minutes.
- Add 1/2cup water and allow the vegetables to cook. Keep the lid on.
- Add salt and mashed moong dhal. Add 1 cup water. Bring it to boil. Remove from flame.
- Squeeze lemon juice and jaggery.
- Mix thoroughly. Garnish with coriander.
Serve the hot sambhar with idly/dosa/pongal.