A few days ago, I received a large packet of betel leaves and was looking for a recipe to incorporate them. After making paan shots, I received many suggestions for trying betel leaf cakes. So I decided to try a paan-flavored cake with betel leaves, gulkand, and fennel seeds.
Paan Cake is a traditional Indian tea cake made with paan leaves and gulkand as the major components. It’s a simple but delicious cake. The materials used are very simple and are most commonly available in our near shops. Also, the cake does not need to follow any special equipment or techniques.
Even beginners can make this pancake in a short time. Paan flavor cake is healthy as well as yummy. Even beginners can make this pancake in a short time. For those who have ever eaten Meetha paan, you will certainly agree that it is an explosion of flavors. I would say this cake has almost the same taste, if not the same.
Paan Flavor Cake Recipe
- 4 leaves Betel
- 1&1/4 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Gulkand
- 1 tsp Sauf/fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp Pistachios
- The first step is you have to Preheat the oven to 180°C (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Make a 7-inch cake pan by greasing and lining it.
- Make little chunks out of the betel leaves.
- Just have a little water to make a paste out of it.
- Remove the extract by pouring it into a sieve.
- Add this extract to the milk you've set aside to make the cake. Mix in the appropriate amount of food color.
- In a bowl, beat butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Mix in the eggs until well mixed.
- Add cumin seeds and gulkand, and mix until combined.
- Combine all the dry ingredients like flour and baking powder in a different container and taste for salt.
- For the egg and milk mixture bowl, add the filtered milk and flour mixture one at a time.
- First, add a small portion of milk. Then add the flour. Continue adding interlacing until everything is well combined.
- Ensure that the batter is smooth and properly mixed.
- Pour the baking pan with this mixture.
- Garnish with sliced pistachios.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the cake is fully cooked.
- After baking is complete, let the cake cool for a few minutes.
- Then, using a wire rack, flip it over.
- Once it's at room temperature, cut and serve.
- The cake is a bit sweet. If you want the tea cake to be less sweet, I would say you can reduce the sugar by a few teaspoons. Don’t drop too much. This will have an impact on the cake’s texture.
- I didn’t have any betel nuts on hand, but if you do, use one tsp. Increases the amount of flour in the cake.
- Green food coloring gives a lovely green color. If you omit it, the betel leaves will not become green.
I hope this article is friendly to all ages and people who want to learn how to make paan flavor cake. Just follow all the instructions which are given above and prepare a lovely and tasty cake to eat and share with your family. It’s always fun making your favorite desserts into cakes like gulab jamun cheesecake and paan flavor cake. This simple recipe might not take more than an hour to put together, If baked properly( We have listed best baking microwaves do check here) and cooled. Take advantage of what you’ve learned and bake delicious cakes! You may also decorate the cake with cherries, tutti frutti, and other dry fruits. Please leave a comment if you’ll try this recipe.