Chintamani Chicken Recipe
Erode Chinthamani Chicken is a ideal dish for South Beach Diet and can be eaten in all the phase of SBD. But remember to skip carbs like rice, wheat in Phase 1. You can enjoy this curry with some yogurt drink and cucumber.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 20 - 25 Dry red chillies plus more if you like it super spicy, broken to pieces
- 2 large Red onions Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 Pound (lbs) Boneless chicken thigh with bones but carefully slice the meat as this will leave enough oil to cook them, chopped into small cubes
In a large wok, heat oil. Add dry red chillies and sauté till it chars a bit, about 10 minutes. Add the onions and salt. Cook till the onions caramelize, about 15 minutes on medium low flame.
Throw in the chicken cubes and cook for 20 minutes. Don’t cover the wok with a lid. You will need to sauté after 20 minutes to let the chicken brown well and absorb the beautiful red color from the chillies. Keep sautéing until the oil separates from the sides and there is no water left in the wok. The chicken will be spicy food, juicy and moist. Enjoy with rice.
- Chinthamani Chicken is a great protein dish for phase 1 of South Beach Diet. I eat it with a glass of buttermilk and slices of cucumber.
- It can also be eaten by those who are diabetic/pre-diabetic.